Harry Potter and the Extended Epilogue
In an interview with J. K. Rowling for the TODAY Show in America, the author has given us some extra tidbits about what has happened with the characters 19 years on.
As a summary:
- Harry and Ron are awesome Aurors.
- Hermione is "high up" in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
- The trio "revolutionises" the Ministry of Magic.
- Luna searches for exotic magical creatures.
- Hogwarts is run by a new, unknown headmaster.
- There is a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who is secure in the position without the Voldemort jinx on it. (Harry might give guest lectures occasionally.)
- Mr. Weasley is the one character she couldn't bring herself to kill. Lupin got offed instead.
J. K. Rowling also let us know that there might be more stuff … to include in the (probably now much desired) Harry Potter encyclopedia. All I can say is: bring it on!